Monday, January 31, 2011

Modica and Ragusa


I was a little high after my cocogasm.  partially because I ate so much and also because I had essentially not had sugar or caffiene for a month.  I was feeling silly and ready to walk myself quite inside.  Mondays are sleepy days for tourists in Italy.  Often the shops are closed until afternoon and the streets are significantly more quite.  The good news is I am more of a people watcher than a shopper so I was a happy camper. 

Modica Alta is made up mostly of residences and the Duoma.  After peaking in and getting a fix of Santa Lucia Alter, I returned to Modica Bassa to get my fill of people watching.  Compared especially to my arrival to Noto this visit was totally uneventful.  It was quiet and contemplative.  I stole moments from innocent bi-standards with my camera every time I could, honing my skills of sneak photography.  My new phrase for the day which was  "Voglio andare . . . Questa e la mia prima volta qui poterla mi aiuta grazie  I would like to go blah blah blah.  This is my first time can you help me.  I practiced quietly under my breathe, like a montra.  I gave the phrase full stereo the first time with the woman at the ticket  counter trying to appear confident shoulders broad, chin high.  She smirked a little but she gave me a ticket to where I wanted to go. The second time with the bus driver and he stopped where I wanted him to.  The third time with another bus driver who told me what bus to take next and I understood completely.  The combination of all these things and the chocolate made this a perfect day.







No comments:

Post a Comment